Monday, February 18, 2008

Monday Update....

Colin had a nice and quiet weekend. He is moving and opening his eyes now however the breathing tube is still in. Today they are going to be backing off the morphine to get him to wake up a little bit more and take deeper breaths so that they can hopfully take the tube out tomorrow. This morning they took 2 of the 3 chest drains out. They think the other can come out tomorrow. Slowly but surely he is getting better and will soon be back to his old self again. They are increasing his feeds to full rate today as well. Hopefully he will tollerate it. Thanks again for all your comments as we really enjoy reading them.

10 comments:

The Portas said...

Moving in the right direction. What a strong boy! Continuing to pray for peace for you guys and for a complication-free recovery.

xoxoxox

Sue said...

This is all good news. Sorry that we didn't make it to Boston this past weekend. I'm looking forward to a visit when I can get my hands on my precious nephew!

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

Sounds good, happy to hear all is going as planned.

Continuting to pray for sweet baby Colin.

Much love,
The Kings

Kathy said...

GOSH...that is great news! Always a good sign when they start letting the little ones eat!!! (that is always what stresses me out...not the tubes and meds...but...when are you going to feed my baby!)
I hope the vent comes out soon, the last chest tube...and you'll be holding little Colin before you know!
We're still praying for you guys!
Stay strong..and rest when you can!
The Rollers

Auntie Cyn said...

All of us (Hartford)continue to keep you in our prayers. We are all so excited Colin is doing so well. Can't wait to see him again

Unknown said...

Tim, Mel and Kathy,

I love you guys and am so happy for Colin. Aly & Evan have been talking about him too. I already can't wait to see you all when you get home.

Love, Gina

Unknown said...

Dear Melanie, Tim, Kathy and Alex,
We are all thrilled to hear about Colin's progress and have been praying for you all. Boston is a miraculous place. Our hearts and thoughts are with you all throughout this journey.
Love,
Sue (Longden) Kuhns

micsmom said...

Hi Guys-
Glad little Colin is doing well! Hope things continue to move in a positive direction!
The Hodson 4 ;-)

Unknown said...

I'm so glad Colin is recovering well. I'm keeping you guys in my prayers.

Heather said...

I miss you Colin get well soon so we can go back-packing through the mall with our mom's while our dads go to hooters! Mom and dad (and my grandma too) continue to send you love and strength!