Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Moving On......

Well, this evening we all decided (doctors & us) to skip the 3rd surgery because they didn't feel that the odds were very good, and even so if it did work, would it make a difference. After seeing Colin's legs last night after the Cath they just weren't sure how much more he could go through. This wasn't an easy decision, but neither would have been sending him back in. We are now leaving it up to God to keep the pressure down in his right side. Currently it looks good, but hopefully it doesn't start to rise again. Tomorrow morning they will take the breathing tube out, and start to pull some of the tubes and lines still in him. All the hardcore drugs are stopped and now they will just give him the methadone, because there is no doubt he is addicted. I will post new photo's tomorrow with the tube out. In the meantime check out the photo I took today. Doesn't it look like he needs to have a girl by his side?

8 comments:

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

Wow you guys....

I am praying for you all...

Matthew was very dependant on his pain meds ... he came home on methodone and valium ... we were on a weaning schedule for about a month or two...

My husband being a cop, didn't like the methodone part one bit..
but after some careful explaining how it works... he felt better....

God bless you guys... what a tough place your in..

Just know that we all support you and are with you.

The Portas said...

Oh look at the little man. It looks like he just had his arm around his lady. How cute!

Have faith in your decision. I'm sure it was the right one. Three surgeries is a lot for a little person to endure in such a short time.

Give that man lots of lovin'! Give him a kissy from me. He's so precious and sweet. We'll continue to pray for all of you. Heal up, Colin! xoxoxo

micsmom said...

Hi Guys-
I was thinking of you yesterday, and the decision that you were having to make. I hope that you guys have peace now that the decision is made, and that Colin does well in his recovery. He does look like a little ladies man! Just like his daddy and Uncle Brian fancy themselves to be =D
Diane Hodson

Aunt Laurie said...

It must feel good though to know he can start the recovery process and is closer to getting home. You guys need some alone time with him to be a family. We will see you guys next Saturday. Be careful what you wish for, he'll have a lady soon enough.

Sue said...

Well, Colin certainly looks comfy in that picture. I know this wasn't any easy to decision to make but I have faith that you did the best thing for Colin. Now you can work on getting him healed and back home where he belongs. I love you all.
PS. I beat Uncle Brian!!!

Aunt B said...

Oh thank god, I have finally figured out how to get on the blog and send a msg. You know that we are thinking of you all the time. Colin is so precious. Your decisions along the way have been the best and he is such a fighter. Our thoughts and prayers and big kisses/hugs are with you.

Love you all!!

Aunt B(even I beat Brian)

Unknown said...

What a ladies man! Oh I just want to give him a big hug. I know this was a hard decision to make and these surgeries are so hard on their little bodies. All of you are in my prayers. I will pray that the weaning goes well, the pulling of the lines, extubating, and for the clot to disappear. Stay strong and this will soon be a thing of the past.

God Bless

Heather said...

I want to snuggle him!!! you two are a great team...keep up the good work....and see if they will give you any drugs!!!Heather